So, I have several WIP’s on the go at the moment, but I couldn’t resist starting on the beautiful Sophie’s Universe by Dedri over at Look What I Made.
This was a CAL from 2015 but judging by the number of various Sophie’s popping up on my Instagram feed, it is still a very popular pattern.
I had loads of individual balls of Stylecraft Special DK in my stash that I wasn’t too sure what to do with so after playing around with colour options, my Sophie colours of choice are:
- Bright Pink
- Soft Peach
- Light Rose
I am currently halfway through part 5 and I am loving it!! The pattern is so varied I am learning so many new stitches and techniques, there is also a fantastic YouTube tutorial by Esther Dijkstra from It’s all in a Nutshell to follow along with should you need a more visual aid to help follow the pattern.
Here is my progress so far!
I love how different it looks at the end of each round.
This weeks throwback Thursday is looking back to when I very first started to explore the world of crochet.
I took up crochet as a hobby just over a year ago, I was suffering from a horrible cold and feeling pretty miserable and wanted something to take my mind of it, so I ordered some cheap hooks and Yarn from Ebay and then started to watch many many YouTube videos.
My first actual crochet were simple granny squares, I made them by following the fab Bella Coco on YouTube.
These are my very first crochet pieces….
After a fair amount of frogging and redoing I started to feel much more confident. I then had a go at making a little hat for my baby niece, for this one I followed a super easy to follow YouTube tutorial by HappyBerry Crochet.
Needless to say I am now literally hooked!!! (Pardon the pun!)
I thought I would kick of my blog with a few little facts about myself, so here goes!
- I am an only child – however in my 20’s I gained a step-sister & 2 step-brothers
- I have a very sweet tooth, particularly for ice cream!
- I have never broken a bone in my body
- I dislike the colour red.
- I got married to Andy in September 2014
- Paris is my most favorite city in the world.
- I have 4 tattoos (I have had 5 in total, but had one partially removed and then covered up)
- I have a Chocolate Labrador called Kimber & a black cat called Stella
- I really hate peas!
- I am really not a morning person at all!
Phew, made it to 10! its actually harder than you think to list facts about yourself!